LIP stands for LunarDAO Improvement Proposal. The LIP document is the primary mechanism to inform LunarDAO community about new proposals. These LIPs may propose changes in governance, guidelines, or rules and serve as the main reference for investment decisions. The LIP is a concise, explicit and technical specification on how to submit a proposal. Squad members (owners of $VOX/Shares) can submit an LIP. The current LIP template is LIP-0001, which include the content below. In the future this might change as the Squad offers new proposals.
LIP Categories & Types
If a squad member wants to submit an LIP, which does not concern funds, it is a Governance category. LIP concerning funds is an Investment category. The LIP types are listed below each category:
- Update Governance Settings
- Update Token Settings
- Add Shaman
- Remove a Member.
- DAO Token request
- DAO Token Swap
- ERC-20 Token Transfer
- Network Token Transfer
- Use Wallet Connect
- Proposal: The LIP is shared on the forum and a discussion in the community is initiated. The author can develop perspectives and motivations for the proposal with the community and answer questions. The author will develop the proposal based on community's feedback.
- Accepted: 50% + 1 $VOX is needed for a proposal to be approved. An accepted proposal can concern treasury and be directly executed by Sentinels. If it's unrelated to treasury, the decision will be implemented by the responsible committee, and is coordinated by Stewards.
- Rejected: If less than 50% + 1 $VOX vote yes, or the Sentinels based on given criteria deem the proposal to be malicious, the proposal is rejected.
If LunarDAO Community and Squad members have expressed criticisms and evaluated the proposal to be non-aligned with community sentiment, or unsupported, the author should consider re-writing the LIP or decide not to proceed to voting.
The following steps are needed before proceeding to voting:
- Submit the finalized LIP, including the date and time of the vote.
- Update status and vote date in the header.
- Announce voting on the forum. The vote should be announced a minimum of 7 days ahead of time.
- A proposal deposit of 0.2 ETH is required to be able to submit a proposal. The deposit is returned when the proposal have been accepted or rejected.
- The vote shall be open for 72h, after which there will be a grace period during which any member can ragequit if they disagree with the outcome of the vote.
- 50% + 1 $VOX is needed for a proposal to be approved, otherwise the proposal is rejected.
Template for proposals
Every LIP draft should contain these parts:
- Header: Includes title, LIP type, contact, date, status, vote date. The status and voting date must be updated on the final version of LIP.
Summary: A short description of the proposal. Reference to previous proposals.
Some LIPs will be continuously developed, such as LIP-0001. In these cases, for transparency and context, the author can write a reference to a previously accepted proposals by using the LIP number.
Problem: Describe why the proposal is needed.
Solution: Describe the proposal and what solutions it will bring for lunarpunk communities.
Implementation: What resources or action is needed to be able to implement the proposal.
Community input: The final version of the LIP, before voting, must also contain a link to community discussions on the proposal.
An LIP which is type Investment, afforementioned, also needs to include the following:
- Value to the ecosystem (knowledge, tools etc).
- Requested size of support in terms of USD.
- Offered amount of X tokens (if the project is monetary based).
- Time period needed for execution or expected time of launch (when Token becomes liquid).
- Is team X supported by private investors or VCs, other DAOs (or plans to) or just LunarDAO?
- If yes: In which size and what is the price of token T to other supporting subjects?
- If project X is token based: detail T tokenomics.
- Wallet address to receive the support.
- The LIP shall be written in Markdown format.
- Contact refers to the authors nick on the community forum, Discourse.
- The header shall be written in the following format, including these points:
LIP category & type: <governance/investment>
date: <date created on, in ISO 8601 (yyyy-mm-dd) format>
vote date: <in ISO 8601 (yyyy-mm-dd) format>