Can I contribute to the DAO anonymously?
Yes. It is recommended. Follow this guide.
Does it matter whether I'm anonymous or not?
LunarDAO is focused on privacy-preserving projects. This ethos impacts how you should participate in the DAO. Privacy techniques are strongly encouraged when interacting with the DAO. Each piece of information that a user gives up degrades their privacy. Achieving anonymity on a transparent chain is extremely difficult. Privacy degradation stems from:
- Doxxed addresses
- Network leaks
- Side channel attacks
LunarDAO participants should solve for all of these threats.
I have nothing to hide.
“Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."
- Edward Snowden
How do I apply for funding from LunarDAO?
A LunarDAO Squad member is any community member who owns $VOX/Shares. The Squad can submit proposals including ie.investment proposals and changes in regards to governance. These are made via LIP (LunarDAO Improvement Proposal). Read more about this process in Governance and LIP-0001.
What is LunarDAO?
LunarDAO is an investment fund based on lunarpunk philosophy. By allocating funds in privacy projects & anonymity tooling we aim to expand freedom and ensure sovereignty. Squad wealth leverages collective strength and capture value in the ecosystem by building a portfolio of privacy assets. Anyone can exit at any time. Members are anonymous hence can participate in building this vision without fear of frozen funds, legal implications or any kind of repression. We aim to move to a full anon setup and develop infrastructure for a parallel economy outside of control and centralization.
What are the aims of LunarDAO?
Enable parallel confederated societies that are diverse and autonomous but mutually protect each other against central authority.
Learn, educate, share knowledge. Education is fundamental in our struggle for free life, autonomy, and community.
Develop infrastructure for economy and politics beyond the state, that is uncensorable, sovereign and anonymous. Expand the dark forest.
Do you have a whitepaper?
Yes, you can find it here.
What is LunarDAOs mission?
LunarDAO mission is the manifestation of lunarpunk vision which enables the forest to expand. In practice LunarDAO:
- Invest in privacy and anonymity tech and infrastructure
- Research and share information on privacy projects
- Support education initiatives aligning with LunarDAO aims
What problem is LunarDAO solving?
Anonymity and privacy oriented developers will face an increasing difficulty in finding support among traditional VC's and investment funds, because of regulatory measures. This will lead into a dynamic where the developing teams will be forced to sell their work underpriced to counterparties who don't share the same vision. This scenario a portrays privacy as a taboo, developers are under stress and value is extracted from the ecosystem.
We don't accept the future to be so grim. The prospect of privacy is ultimately bullish. LunarDAO offers a solution.
We form a decentralized squad of sovereign individuals, lunarpunks, to allocate resources together and assemble squad wealth. The DAO leverages collective power and becomes an investor. The community discuss which tools are needed to empower the ecosystem, the research committee evaluates the teams developing them and the Squad members democratically decide which projects shall be supported.
- The privacy projects will get supported by a decentralized, anonymous organization, aligned with their mission.
- The teams will be provided with the needed resources to develop, grow and deliver.
- LunarDAO treasury accumulate supported privacy assets and the Squad manages the funds as a common portfolio.
- The value is conserved in the ecosystem, both parties profit from the upcoming cycle.
- While leveraging collective power, every individual is protected against majority rule and can exit the DAO any time with 100% of their shares (without any fee).
We believe that the loop of tightening regulations and growing demand for privacy and anonymity is inevitable, these events will happen with or without us. We can strenghten the ecosystem, capture the value and grow squad wealth, or be left out in the desert with regressive regFi.
You can find the complete whitepaper here.
How can I join?
During fundraising event, anyone who buy $VOX can become a Squad member. The minimum tribute is 0.1 ETH. $VOX represent the member's share of the treasury as well as voting power. LunarDAO Squad members can exit the DAO with their funds at any time through ragequit. Read more on governance here.
When is the next fundraising event?
TBA. The launch is happening soon. For updates, follow LunarDAO on twitter.
How are decisions made in LunarDAO?
LIP (LunarDAO Improvement Proposal) is the basis of governance in LunarDAO. Squad members can submit and vote on proposals. In LIP-0001 there is a template and further information on the expected content and process. Voting should be announced at least 7 days ahead of time and voting shall be open for 72h. The proposal is approved if 50% + 1 $VOX vote yes, else it is rejected. It can also be rejected if Sentinels deem the proposal to be malicious. Read the criteria for what is deemed malicious proposals here.
Voting is followed by the Grace period, during which Squad members can ragequit should they disagree with the result of the voting.
However, LunarDAO governance is not limited to LIPs or voting. Decisions flow upward from the community. Voting in LunarDAO is the practical implementation of the willpower of the community. The decision making process is not something technical and cannot be separated from our communication and interaction on the forum.
LunarDAO values discussion and diversity of opinions. We believe this will aid the development of a truly decentralized, anonymous and anti-fragile organization.
What is VOX?
In LunarDAO Shares are represented by the symbol $VOX.
- 1 $VOX is an equivalent to 1 share.
- $VOX is LunarDAO governance token.
- Minimum of 1 $VOX grants Squad membership and voting power.
- $VOX is an account bound, non-transferable token.
- Every 0.1 ETH of tribute to treasury mints 10 $VOX to the member (at launch, future entry price may differ based on the previous investments made).
- When a member ragequit, $VOX is burned.
- $VOX value in the treasury stays the same for remaining members.
- Ragequitting member gets 100% of their funds in the form of $VOX-loot.
How do I buy tokens?
- A fundraising event is proposed to take place 4x in the first year. (every third month).*
- An investment deal is expected to happen at least once before between each fundraisiong event.*
- If there are still unused ETH (or DAI) from the previous raise, the number of fundraising events or max cap of such event will be adjusted to this reality. *
- The fundraising is open two weeks the first time, and thereafter a week on each occation.*
During this time anyone can become a Squad member by tributing ETH to the treasury.*
- Minimum tribute is 0.1 ETH.
What are the committees?
Committees in LunarDAO are groups within the community that aim to facilitate and coordinate the works of the DAO according to their specific focus. The committees presented below were chosen during the intial development because they are fundamental to the DAO. At any point, after the launch, new committees can be proposed or an existing one can be archived if the community deems it's needed (this operation is also done through LIP and voting).
The committees autonomously decide who can join. In every committee there is one person responsible for communication, who can be contacted if a member wants to get engaged. The committees decide their own work flow and formulate expectations, objectives and key results within the committee.
All committees give information about the ongoing works in the community meetings and are receptive to input and criticisms. Every three months each committee will submit a report to the community about the ongoing works.
Read more about committees here.